DATA CENTER MODERNIZATION
General Dynamics Information Technology has extensive experience building and operating data centers to support customers’ needs to reduce costs, improve operational efficiency, increase security, standardize performance levels, consolidate applications and decrease energy costs.
As a trusted partner, we provide modernized solutions and leading services that span the full life-cycle of data center service and infrastructure implementation.
Our solutions include:
- Data center security and compliance
- Virtualization and data center automation
- Environmental management and energy efficiency
- Virtual workspaces and thin client environments
- Application virtualization, consolidation, migration and hosting
- Shared services development and implementation
Pentagon IT & Communications Infrastructure Renovation: General Dynamics Information Technology led the modernization of the Pentagon’s IT and communications infrastructure. The Basement-Consolidated Server Room (B-CSR) is the first Pentagon data center to provide Enterprise Management Services and remote server configuration capabilities. Through advanced network switching and system virtualization, the B-CSR migrated data from 26,500 legacy servers to 3,200 blade servers and freed up more than 40,000 square feet of space allocated to legacy server rooms for pentagon tenant agencies.